Friday, April 27, 2012

DIY (Do it yourself)


Lets be honest we all like things that we can go out and buy, but sometimes we just don’t have the money to do so. These simple DIY’s will come in handy if you can’t go to the store.

This first DIY is an exfoliating mask to remove the excess dead skin. This can take place of your everyday face scrub that you would normally use. It’s called a Sugar and Olive Oil face scrub and I’m sure that you already guessed the main ingredients. This uses household products that you should already have in your kitchen. You will need a bowl, spoon, sugar and olive oil.  Take three table spoons or olive oil and a half cup of sugar and mix the ingredients into a bowl. Once completed you are ready to apply to your face.

Sugar Available at
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/daviddisalvo/files/2012/04/sugar.jpg

4/01/2012 @ 5:01PM

Oil  Available at
http://assets.curbly.com/photos/0000/0010/5837/how-olive-oil-works-3.jpg
Jun 13, 2007




The second DIY is a hair mask when your hair is just a dry mess. This is specifically a hydrating mask that will make hair healthier and give it more shine. For this mask you will need a bowl, honey and olive oil.  Take three tablespoons of olive oil and 1 ½ tablespoons of honey. This will help hydrate the hair naturally.  When doing this I recommend wearing a old shirt and using a towel.
Honey
Available at
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/knowhow/glossary/honey/image.jpg
















This last DIY is something a little different and I thought people would benefit from – How to make your own crop top. As I’m sure you know crop tops are very in right now and I saw this video by Bethany. She is a girl that I follow on YouTube.  "She basically explains how to transform a big shirt into a crop top. She also shows you waysto wear them". You will need a shirt and some really sharp scissors. Lay the shirt on a hard surface. Then take the scissors and make a tiny slit in the middle of the neck line. Make a slit on both sides of the arm parts. Afterwards start cutting. When you have finished with that, go to the bottom of the shirt and cut straight across. This is creating the crop part. Try it on and you are done. 

8 comments:

  1. Great post, I think that it's a wonderful thing that you can use all natural resources instead of using chemicals that could possibly harm you and your environment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Matt I agree there are so many chemicals in products now days! It is important to know what goes on your body. I think that doing organics things is really healthy and you will know exactly what goes on our body.

      Delete
  2. That is shocking! Sugar and olive oil used for facial scrub? Hmmm, I would have never thought of that. I think I'll try this at home! Quick question. When using the honey mixture in your hair, do you leave it in or rinse it out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rikkilicious;) you will leave it in for like 20 minutes and then rinse it out.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is some really good information. Never thought of using sugar and olive oil for a facial scrub? I might need to tell someone about this. Like This Post =))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Diana Cruz I know right(: I tried it and it leaves your face so soft and bright.

      Delete
  5. Is the quote you have "in marks" exactly what she says or a paraphrase? I want to know your opinion on these things. Did they work? What should I watch out for if I try it? Gimme some pointers!

    ReplyDelete